Monday, May 21, 2012

Garden Planting

I found an awesome site with a garden planning gizmo on it which allowed for charting, dating, color graphics etc and.....I did the unthinkable.   Rather than spend money to use it and it's wonderful features, I took a drawing pad and planned out all of my gardens using pen, colored pencils and I can even just put dates on when things are planted and other such general information.    It works and it is basically free!   I have never actually preplanned my planting areas but rather sort of have run by the seat of my pants and planted as I found opportunity.   It is actually much faster to use this plan as I am not constantly trying to figure out what I am going to do with each variety.  

I have direct seeded all of my tomato and vines and I really think it will work out just fine.   If it doesn't then I will swallow my pride and buy plants.    If it does work I have enough seeds for next year!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment