Thursday, February 23, 2012

Other end of the spectrum

I think I need to go back to school and take some classes on elder care.   Our evening 'new' family member Jim, revealed to Charley he doesn't think he has long to live.   Hmmmm......I am not sure what that means for him as he won't tell us.   I am a little suspicious he may have had some small strokes as he repeats himself a lot and seems to not remember some of the things we have talked about in the past. 

My soon to be in house member mother-in-law has stage 2 diabetes.   I don't know much of anything about that.   She has had small strokes for sure in the past.   She has successfully lost 30 pounds though too and wants to stay at her current weight.   My father-in-law is 85 and has ALSO had strokes but his were more significant.   I think I need to clear out the medicine cabinet and make some sort of organized space there to keep track of everything that goes with all of this. 

I don't want to lose 'myself' either in the changes around here.   If anyone outside of the family has expectations of me I am thinking I will most likely flounder.   I hope to follow through as well as I can on those things I have already committed to but might learn a lot about delegating.   Ugh.   I think I am having a bit of a panic attack just thinking about it all.   So.....I will stop thinking and get up and find my nine year old Benjamin's math book.   Math......it has to still happen.   Karin has to keep her marbles.   Routine will either help me or kill me.   Where is the off button on my brain........

No comments:

Post a Comment