Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The next thing

The day begins and I try to scramble in my head for solutions to whining students, plan a plan of attack and proceed.   One room school house.   That IS what we home school mom's have.    Wiggly short people and middlin' children who want to disappear in the cracks, youth who really want to follow their own plan.   At least this is how it is at my house many days.    Slow and steady wins the race.   I am still a turtle.   I went to bed at 8:30 last night as I was completely done listening and responding.   My reluctant reader is sitting beside me right now and lacks focus as I am typing this blog.  Stop typing this blog.   Keep going kid.   Do the next problem.   You can do it!   Find time with this child.  The younger kids are biting at his heals and he doesn't realize it yet.   Jockeying for position.   Mom needs  time to also spend time with her confused middle writers.   "I can't write!" cry the middle ones.   Slow and steady wins the race.    How do I clear away time and silence to just focus on them.   Where do I drive them to get complete quiet and attention.    It IS all working ultimately but that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating at times.   I get to hear all the chatter all day as I steer them to focus.   It isn't always easy as I said but the kids do seem to be turning out pretty well all things considered.   Deep breath.   Carry on.   Time for Catechesis kids!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment