Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"How could anyone do this without Christ?"

A quote from my dear friend Cindy is my title. She buried a child yesterday. How could she or any of us do any of life without Christ? He is our rock and fortress and our constant strength in ALL times. Burying a child. Sigh. If I didn't know how to faithfully pray before, then I certainly will figure it out better now. Forgive me Lord for all the times I will fail to pray, forget to pray, neglect to pray in the future. I know it will happen. I will forget. Most of my prayers have been groans anyway the last days. They were groans years ago during their dear daughters surgeries. It is a difficult time.

Olivia was 12 and died in her sleep Thursday morning for those who don't know what in the world I am talking about. It seems like it has only been hours since then. Clearly my heart is heavy and all the formalities are done and now it is time to press forward and continue to love and live.

One of Olivia's favorites and her mommy's favorite verse:

And when the fight is fierce, the warfare long,
Steals on the ear the distant triumph song,
and hearts are brave again, and arms are strong,
Alleluia! Alleluia!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment