Saturday, November 20, 2010

Contest week 2

I can not say that contest week two was as successful as the first week. We did have our share of distractions with Charley's job etc. Then I kept them hopping with their school work so maybe that is why. Charley was not here Friday to 'judge' the rooms so tomorrow night will be the night when he returns. I personally got a lot done today with areas which are 'my' responsibility and the kids who were here helped with some really bad spots. I am encouraging them all to keep up with washing the floors in their areas and MAYBE our socks will not be so yucky anymore. The drawback with this is that the dirty spots seem to stick out to me more but hey, I shouldn't complain. It is better than it was. I think most of our challenge is keeping up with what Ingrid gets out. She did manage to spread chocolate pudding all over our new bedspread. It is in the washer now and I am hoping it comes out clean! I might be the winner on most improved areas this week. Woo hoo!

My challenge which I am going to dare to put on here, is to read all the Harry Potter books by the New Year. I have read one to four in the past but can't remember much of it. (Scandalous I know) Perhaps we will make reading challenges for everyone for the next month and a half or so. Sounds like a plan to me. We started this in the summer but it petered out in the end. This is also the third time I have started rereading number 1 so I will have to make myself scarce here and go work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment