Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bees

Maple syrup season ended and bee season begins. Matthew and I took the little kids out to our other location of bees. I've been dreading that a bit as last year all of the hives died. THIS year three out of four lived. This is encouraging. This weekend I should spend some time playing with bees as that is therapeutic to me. I am not sure if it is too early to make a split but will read up on that and get back at it again. Perhaps I will even find some time to see what the condition of the honey supers are. Last year this seemed impossible with the baby and all. In some ways it seems challenging this year. Perhaps in a few years people will find me out there sweating away, playing with the bees and doing even better in the beekeeping department. I don't like being a bee haver.......

No comments:

Post a Comment