Friday, April 29, 2011

My name is Erma

For the younger crowd, there was an awesome author in the seventies and eighties who had a newspaper column and published books - Erma Bombeck. I needed some lighter reading and chose "I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression". This book is hilarious. The younger folk can pretend they are familiar with the cultural references to Flip Wilson and Mod Squad thanks to cable, but if you don't even have cable it is still funny. Elisabeth Taylor was very popular when this book was written if that tells you anything. She reminds me slightly of the FlyLady as she seems to live in my house or is hiding in the closet but the book is FAR more entertaining than the FlyLady. If you have never read Erma and need a pick me up, I recommend her....highly! Any of her books will do. This one just happened to be available on the Nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment