Monday, October 18, 2010

Trying not to be overwhelmed or whine

It is just another week filled with unexpected stuff. Two of my kids were hired to help our vegetable farmer friend and perhaps I should have said no. I am short handed at home and am struggling to get dinner on the table. Why am I typing. I am feeding the little person who is keeping me on my toes as well. Two kids are fighting and chasing each other around the house. I do NOT begrudge Evan his need to eat but seeing things which need to be done everywhere does stress me out a bit. So I am whining. The other end of the stick is to just greet every new challenge as it comes and NOT feel overwhelmed. I do know that once Evan is more independent I will be able to tackle more things with a vengeance. The laundry and dishes seem constantly out of control no matter what that FlyLady person says. My dearest husband had a sudden urge to pour cement.........no other comment on that one. Sigh. Breathe, breathe, breathe.

Lots of things seem different this year and one of those things is trying to do a more thorough job with the kids on their schooling. We are home most of the time and have limited trips out of the house but even that has been challenged by doctors appointments etc. Things just seem different. Struggle, struggle. I need to spend A LOT more time with Benjamin and his reading and math. I need to help Erik...........as I can.....and then I was looking forward to reading a lot more with the kids and that came to a screeching halt last week. I do sense that EVERYONE seems to be crazy busy. I hear people talking about life calming down. REALLY? I just can't see that happening any time soon.

Yes, I am whining. I need a few more of mes or patience to wait a month or two for Evan to become more content longer. I am also trying not to worry about the weight gain thing with Evan and remembering I better look into that baby cereal soon enough. I guess I will worry about that once I cross a few other bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment