Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm in the bathroom

Do you ever notice that if you need someone to do something that they are in the bathroom. If you want them to begin doing something for you....they need to go to the bathroom. I personally noticed that I wish my dog knew how to go to the bathroom. He is old. I came home from taking my dear sons to their favorite bike store to find that the rest of the kids were upstairs and the dog had peed all over the house since.....he doesn't know how to use the bathroom. I am not sure what to think of everyone's need to be in the bathroom or doing bathroom things all over the house. Why? My house is a wreck.....time to go to the bathroom.

The kid I want to be in the bathroom is never there.

There are times when going to the bathroom comes in handy right? Like when you need to have an excuse to get off the couch or try harder to get to sleep at night.....
If you are a kid and you know that you don't feel like doing your math.....go to the bathroom. If you know your parents won't appreciate the kitchen in disarray and they come home an hour earlier than they said they were going to......go to the bathroom. Then you can say that you are in the bathroom when they ask where you are and it will appear that you couldn't clean the kitchen because....you were in the bathroom.

I have hidden in the bathroom when I don't feel like making small talk or the kids just wiggled and whined and screamed all day long and they might be hungry or tired now and I am too worn out to cook dinner but they are not convinced by the spoonful of peanut butter that I offer them to buy me time. I need to go to the bathroom.....

When school is on a roll and I have their attention and things are going well....that is when I really need to go to the bathroom. Sigh. Lose them in the process.

Kids love to need to go to the bathroom right after you have gone far away from the warming shelter while sledding. You go to the beach and tromp down to the water and some kid....needs to go to the bathroom. There are the times you take a risk and go shopping with some kids and you are just starting to enjoy yourself when....they need to go to the bathroom.

I better stop writing this......or....

and....if you need me.....I'm in the......

3 comments: